My Way

 

My way of doing things, 

as an artist, 

put into an articulate statement in my tone,

so I don’t have to repeat myself

By Isaiah K. Jones


Corey Batelaan, Nicole Cyrille, and I on the set of "The Hit". 2015 [From right to left.]

While I do believe in being paid for my work effort in creating my art, I simultaneously believe that I should be paid reflectively to my skill and ability. While I’m willing to sign contracts with artists concerning rights and contribution, the payment matters little to me.


I do believe I should be paid according to my value, which I attest it is worth it considering my effort, means, and concerns. If that process is taken advantage of, or not respected I will alway know at the end of the day I shouldn’t have to, or want to, work with that person or company again. Simply because that’s my image and personal lifestyle that I choose not to compromise.

I’m no business man, nor a capitalist. I make money to survive and I make shit. I try to help others make shit. I want to start a company that will enable people to make shit in a more casual and consistent setting. I trust myself with that plan, so with that said thank you for your curiosity.


If you find yourself interested in investing in my developing vision for the arts that I perform or am consistently inspired by, bet on me.


Trevor Whalen and I on the set of "Aegri Somnia". 2014 




















However, the last thing mankind often takes for granted is access. To be skilled at one’s trade or medium, they must interact with the tools of said medium. I often quip, “you don’t get better by not doing it,” and I passionately mean that.
Isaiah Jones on
the set of "Aegri Somnia". 2015

On the other side of things, artists also forget how to exist as a co-component of society. Some become a cliche made up of clout and faking it to make it. That’s fine, chase that bag in my opinion. Though, if the foundational work of curating and uplifting artists ready and willing to learn their craft isn’t performed, then the cycle of toxicity within the community will remain on a linear path. I seek to end this or at least chip away at it deliberately.


Not everyone is made to be in the spotlight, some don’t deserve it, and some don’t want to be. 


I’m the latter. I do not decide the former. It’s why most of my work involves music production.

I don’t need it, but I won’t run from it either. I know what I have to say, and if people want to hear it then I’ll oblige personally. I believe I’m surrounded by folks of the same caliber. This company is destined, but it will need help for it to shoot off at the right time, or better put, before it’s too late.

If you believe in me. Really, if you believe in US. Then I highly recommend contributing to this campaign:



THANK YOU













Comments

Popular Posts